Tuesday, June 30, 2009

ROBORAMA






















Since Thompson's been doing great aliens from Futurama, i thought i'd do a drawing of one of my favourite robots from the show, but hell; thought i'd go a bit further and draw three of them instead.

Above are Calculon; the worlds greatest acting unit (after David Duchovny), Roberto; the stabbing robot and Hedonism-bot... who ...well... you get the idea from the name.

Difficult thing with drawing robots from the show is that if you tinker with the design, it doesn't look like them anymore, so i ended up drawing them on-model, but in a looser way then they'd normally be drawn. No fancy blacks or greywash this time.

7 comments:

Mansloth said...

'Bring on the chocolate sauce',,,sweet pic.

David Ferguson said...

'I respect and admire Harold Zoid too much to beat him to death with his own Oscar'

Great sketch.

Declan Shalvey said...

"As captain and head doctor of this ship hospital, I now pronounce you man and wife with six months to live."

Stephen Thompson said...

Love the pose on Roberto, great pic. "Wait, I think I'm coming down with Stockholm syndrome....handsome."

Will Sliney said...

Ooooh How repulsively Decidant

Bob Byrne said...

Love it! Mad seeing you draw cartoony. And theres no greywash as you pointed out. You spa

Nick said...

All fine and dandy, but I don't get Futurama, and I love your own stuff, so I'm-a haveta say: "Needs More Dec." The no-greywash thing is nice every now and then though, like on your Will Arnett drawing. But I get that it woulda been hard to Shalve-up the Futurama models.