Friday, February 11, 2011

FIAAAHH BOMBAAAAH!


Hello. Procrastinated for ages on this, just because I couldn't face drawing a robot in my off-duty! I'm thinking of swearing off mecha for Lent.

But yeah, I too have never seen Robotech, though I came across Macross Plus aaaages ago. I used to read Anime UK (I think?) and when Macross 7 debuted, I - stereotypically - was drawn to the red-and-yellow fire themed Mech piloted by a rockstar. The VF-19 is basically the battroid version of Hot Rod. And here he is...

Good knowing Robotech/Macross/The Golden girls are all out there when I do feel I'm ready though.

5 comments:

JayKent said...

HMMMM I see you as a Blanche :)

tomm said...

Thas class

Stephen Thompson said...

That's really excellent Nick, looks like a still from a piece of animation. And you'd totally be Blanche.

Stephen Mooney said...

Was just gonna say the same as Thompson, looks like a really cool still from an animation, like it was cell painted. Lovely.

Nick said...

Cheers chaps. I wish I'd had the gumption to ink it, rather than run with pencil sketch. I was facing serious mechanoidal-antipathy on Friday! Glad you like the colours too; dashed on with the Wacom, but looks not-too-bad, if you're in a hurry.

Thank you for being my friend...