Tuesday, March 15, 2011

BANSHEE 2.0


Sorry; I never read G.I. Joe, never watched it and never bought the toys so i didn't bother with this week's theme.

Instead, i thought i'd do something Paddy's Day related. I decided to revisit the Banshee I designed last year (tweaked the gloves/boots a little and added facial hair) and now that i'm doing Marvel work, maybe... *JUST MAYBE* they'll see this and think about bringing him back. As a bad-ass. And let me draw him!

I live in hope.

Dec.

[PS; thanks to Jordie for helping me with the colours]

9 comments:

Tom said...

Looks awesome. Love the layered armor look. Also, he has giant ears, but maybe that's just the buzzcut talking.

Max said...

G.I. Joe free youth....
You play with Barbie?

Nice piece, that any particular location in Ireland?

Stephen Mooney said...

I really like it Dec, 'specially the colours.

He's gonna trip up on that cape a lot though, longer train than a wedding dress!

Anonymous said...

You mean to say it took him one whole year to grow his Moustache so it met up with his mutton chop Sideburns?

Stephen Thompson said...

I like how much of a dodgy scumbag you made him look. Excellent costume.

Michael Nolan said...

That is all kinds of shit hot, I always wanted them to make a good character of banshee, if only they could get rid of all the begorrah and top o the morning crap. He is in the next movie, so heres hoping

Mansloth said...

But they made banshee american for the film.
Fantastic design, and excellent picture.

tomm said...

"fairy woman" is a man?

Nick said...

Gotta admit, I was looking forward to a Shalvification of G.I. Joe's ton of ninja characters today, but this is a noice Oirish addition t'be shore, t'be....ah fuck it. Good work.