Monday, March 21, 2011

Cry Havoc



I was looking through my old Jim Lee comics for inspiration(still some of my most oft-perused books, twenty years later) when I came across the 'X-tintion Agenda' issues, with all the really cool design-work on the Genoshan magistrates' uniforms and vehicles. It was the first time I'd encountered Havok, and still think that this was the coolest outfit he ever sported, moreso even than the classic so-black-it's-basically-a-silhouette costume.

I really was trying to get this finished before the midnight deadline. But lest it turn into a pumpkin, I decided I better get it up here.

6 comments:

Will Sliney said...

Looks great man

Mansloth said...

Deadly stuff man, love Havok. Every time I think of an Xmen dream team, he gets center stage, along with Psylock, Bishop and Archangel. Shit I feel totally inspired to draw that now.

Stephen Thompson said...

I like this one. It's quite effective the way the spotted blacks drop away further down his body. Nice.

Declan Shalvey said...

Yeah, I kinda like how 'unfinished it loos

finnegandraws said...

Cool picture man, has a real Charest-on-Wildcats feel, imo!

Stephen Mooney said...

Ooh, I'll take that Finnegan, cheers!