Tuesday, July 6, 2010

CROSSBONES






















Sorry to milk these but I spend days on these sketches but cuz I wasn't supposed to talk about what I was doing, i couldn't show anyone.

For those who don't know, I just got a little 2 issue fill-in on THUNDERBOLTS for Marvel. The above character is Crossbones (the guy who shot Captain America). The regular artist has a new design for him in the book; I tinkered around a bit with it a little so I could get comfortable with it. Something I tried here (and have been meaning to try on sequential pages) is a little greywash with some old-school zip-a-tone effects. I've played around with tone in colour, but not that much in black and white; definitely not on interior pages. Since this is a new, bigger project, I thought I'd bite the bullet and finally try it out. We'll see if it works.

Dec.

4 comments:

,Liam Geraghty said...

Looking good, Dec. Can't wait to get my hands on this comic.

Stephen Mooney said...

This is defo my fave of the warm-up sketches you did, really nice.

JayKent said...

A chance to shine! go for it! Your stuff is great :)

Tom Crielly said...

Looks great, Dec. The zippa and wash tones work really well - looking forward to it coming out-do you know which issue numbers?