Sunday, August 30, 2009

Birthday SMASH!


Hey-hey. Genuine excuse for the tardiness today, gang. I was hijacked for my (sorta) surprise (almost) thirtieth birthday party. Thanks SO much for everyone who made the effort to come along to Roche towers for the occasion, and a big hurrah for my Whittle wot masterminded the whole thing. (Though the blindfolded taxi ride was terrifying. Now I know how Dec's dates feel...)

Anyway, did this piece as a birthday commission last year, and felt it fitted today. (No fucking way was I gonna get a chance to draw today.) Enjoy!

7 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Funny cos it was on a 'date' with Dec that I got the idea for the blindfold.

Can't say much more about it as it might affect the outcome of the trial.

Will Sliney said...

Haha aweseom pic, weirdly i wqas just drawing the hulk for my first time ever

Stephen Mooney said...

And wotta night it was! Was in a heap as a result all day. With all the tributes flying to nick last night it really makes me look forward to his funeral.
Great pic-Nic, loads've energon.

Mari Pueyo said...

Well, happy birthday, then!!

Bob Byrne said...

Happy Birthday dude! You must be in bits after all them cranberry juices you were slamming. Sweet hulk

Unknown said...

Yeah, it was an astounding evening alright. We found a dancefloor in my house I never realised I had, and that took it's toll moreso than my dangerous tea addiction. I know someone has footage of mine and Dec's dance-off.

Anyway, cheers for the comments! Maybe shoulda tried drawing yesterday just to see what guff woulda come out...

Declan Shalvey said...

What? Someone recorded that?

.........

Bollocks.

Great night indeed Nick-o.

Anne Marie.... ixnay on the rial-T-ay