Saturday, May 2, 2009

Battle of the Planets


Kids TV eh? Well, since most of the kid tv in my day was made up of monochrome serial adventures (champion the wonder horse, zorro, king of the rocket men, flash gordon, etc) I've been feeling pretty old and left out. The one I remembered we had Battle Of The Planets. With it's gender Indeterminate villain (actually him/her and Tripitaka from Monkey - a male character played by a girl - confused the hell out of me as a youngster).
Anyhue here's a drawing (well photo of a drawing as I can't get near my scanner - though I'll update it when I do) of the hero Mark.

10 comments:

Liam Geraghty said...

I will never forget episode 17: "A whale joins G-Force". Good stuff, PJ.

Judy said...

I have vague recollection of this... must google...
but good sketch :)

Stephen Mooney said...

Great stuff Peej! Although I always preferred Jason.

Declan Shalvey said...

All these references are totally going over my head.

Nice drawing though

PJ Holden said...

Now you know how I feel...

Douglas Kastle said...

I remember watching this and loving it but can't remember a single episode. Apparently they are making a CGI movie, Gatchmen, with BotP was based on.

I like the pic.

David Ferguson said...

I only know this from the Battle of the Planets vs Thundercats and some Alex Ross covers. Nice piece.

Will Sliney said...

Great stuff PJ

Whos Zorro? Never heard of him

Nick said...

Awww Yeah! I LOVE this, PJ! I'm all over them chunky pencil lines. And what a great cartoon too. Sometimes simple and sketchy wins the day, and this be that day. My fave of yours thus far. Minty!

Geoff Bell said...

did that character in monkey not turn out to be a girl in the end?