Tuesday, May 12, 2009

SCOTT PILGRIM






















Nearly forgot about my Micks drawing this week; did this late last night in about 15 mins. Tried mixing it up a bit this week by drawing a character that no one (myself included) would have guessed i'd draw. I recently read all the Scott Pilgim books to date and really enjoyed them; they have a bit of everything in them; romance, action, comedy and lots and lots of music and videogame references. What's not to like? Scott Pilgrim is normally drawn in a very stylized manner, so i had to figure out my own take on how to draw him.

Dec.

7 comments:

Stephen Mooney said...

Goddammit Dec.
-crosses Scott Pilgrim off Micks drawings list-
Great pic though! You drew this in 15 mins? Chrikey, yer fast. That blueline Gambit headshot yesterday took me bloody 15 mins...
....is that a li'l heart under your signature?

David Ferguson said...

You'd have a shot at Runaways with sketches like this. The clothes are very realistic. It looks like fabric.

Declan Shalvey said...

Thanks David. I'm trying to draw more convincing clothes (something Mooney's really good at, actually). Makes a change from all the period costumes i've mainly been drawing for the last year or so.

Mooney, don't let me stop you from doing a Scott Pilgrim! Did you tell me you were gonna do one...? Maybe that's where i got the idea....

Yeah, it's a heart, but not a love-heart. It's the old-school Smashing Pumpking logo. Scott wears a t-shirt with that logo in the book.

Dec.

Liam Geraghty said...

Thumbs up Dec!

jacintha said...

nice pic dec...but is he called scott pilrgim in the title for a reason or did you forget to spell check again?

Declan Shalvey said...

Aw crap. Time to edit.

Nick said...

Another Decnically sound piece, Shalveydance! I don't have my books to hand, but is Scott not more of a skinny-jeans fellow? Personal-taste quibble aside, a flawless sketch. You're quite versatile, aren't you?