Friday, November 19, 2010

George Lucas: some neck

Like anybody who grew up in the 70's or 80's, Star Wars was probably the most cherished, important and exciting thing in their lives. I loved it so much. I think I've seen Jedi more than any other film. But George Lucas' maniacal dollar wringing has killed the magic. Now it's not something I dream about watching with my kids any more. He's a prick who gets way too much credit, Ralph McQuarrie made Star Wars not him.

And on that high note I'm bowing out of weekly postings on Eclectic Micks. I'll of course pitch in for theme weeks here and there but I'm done. You can still follow my weekly webcomic SPAZZMOID if you've got a pair.

Thanks lads, its been great.

7 comments:

Stephen Mooney said...

Sigh. This is exactly why I don't want you to split, man. Look at all the safe, predictable(though no less fun), stuff the rest of us came up with throughout the week, but then we could always rely on the Byrne to cut(piss?) through the treacle.

DON"T LEAVE BOB!!!

Will Sliney said...

In my best Darth Vader voice..... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bob Byrne said...

Hey I'm not leaving LEAVING, just the weekly posting has lost it's flavah. When the urge takes me or I'm twiddling my thumbs I'll by all means do something.

Stephen Mooney said...

Ah, excellent! So still a Mick then. Phew.

PJ Holden said...

Eh? You mean I could still post stuff if I wanted to, too? Bah, np one told me that - frankly now I feel betrayed.

Good luck to you bob!

Nick said...

With a toady throat like his, I'm shocked that this is the first time I've had the 'George Lucas has Some Neck' connection made for me.

Beautiful sentiment, Bob-San. A fitting way to end your regular tenure at Mick Towers. Thanks for getting us all hooked on Spazzmoid. And heroin.

jacintha said...

Have PJ and Bob ever thought about posting week about?