Saturday, August 7, 2010

Studio Corner by Len O'Grady



This project caught me at a good time, since I just cleaned up between gigs. Space is at a premium until we move again, so the drawing table with Cintiq cradle is in storage. Instead, I've got a heavy-ass glass table which doubles as a book case. The majority of toys and all my statues are in storage. Comp copies are kept in the boxes underneath- they'll be heading to storage once I get motivated. Big Rubbermaid Drawers for Pads, computer bits and bobs and such.


Anatomy, Comic Book Theory, Movie/Artbooks and Graphic Novels. The top shelf hold stuff I've done that has been collected (sweeties are kept in the ceramic Vader head). Small Rubbermaid Drawers are handy for all my art materials, application manuals and various fiddly bits. Amongst the wee bottles are my two best friends in a deadline crisis: 5 hour energy shots and eyedrops. The whiteboard is magnetized so it doubles up for ideas and schedules.


If killing time, the Xbox, Wii and big ass Telly are just in the other corner. Outside is looking a lot better then usual, so here's the view outside my front door.


10 comments:

LEN said...

No idea why the photos aren't clickable.

Bob Byrne said...

Yeah I wondered that. I wanted to zoom into and snoop. I couldn't keep a game console in the studio like you and Mooney, when I want to relax I have to leave the room.So where do you live anyway man?

Bob Byrne said...

ALSO... tell us more about the 5 hour energy things

LEN said...

5 hour energy
http://www.5hourenergy.com/
Useful for hard pushes and less horrible the redbull- no twichiness. It's basically an intense shot of Niacin, B12 and B6. Wouldn't overdo it- you can O.D. on vitamins.
I live in central New Jersy, about 30 miles from New York as the crow flies.
Will email you the piccies for a good snoop- sorry 'bout that.

Stephen Mooney said...

Man, this setup is class Len. It's so organised looking I'm a tad turned on.
Just hearing about the energy shots/eyedrops is making my eyes turn red, I have big problems with teying to work ata monitor for hours at a stretch, really hurts the old peepers.
Also good to see Podge and Rodge and other elements of the old country floating around in there, some things you just can't leave behind, I guess...

LEN said...

Thanks Stephen! It's such a tiny space that a I don't have a choice but to keep neat. That said, the place looks like a paper grenade went off by the time I'm finishing a gig.
Oh, and here's the cradle for the Cintiq I was talking about:
http://www.turntablet.com/

Anonymous said...

Holy $hit!!!
What are you?
A GIANT KILLER???
That Skull is massive!!!

...Must have been the result of a crazy night on the mind altering performance enhancing energy drugs???

Also,I'm intrigued by the mere mention of 'Top Shelf Stuff'...

(Liking 'The Killing Joke' poster & Daleks..."Exterminate!!!")

LEN said...

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to mention the Skull.

Colin Lorimer said...

Are you selling your Rodge and Podge by any chance?

LEN said...

um- nope. Did I mention they talk?