Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sword Of The Cintiq


Hello!

Big, big thanks to our sturdy Mick Supporters who traipsed out to spur us on in the Forbidden Planet yesterday. I had a wondrous time, and enjoyed interacting with the folk on either side of the table. Big thanks to Kevin and co at FP and special mention to Den Mothers Shalvey and Sliney for getting it all together. Good times!

So yeah, after yesterday's tense will-he, won't-he build up with P.J.'s post, I choose today to leisurely take my Cintiq for the walk. I've only used it for layouts and loose pencils thus far, so this is my first foray into dicking around with brushes and such. So here he be, Jean-Paul Valley himself - my Batman - Azrael.

Just in time!

Nick

6 comments:

Will Sliney said...

OOh this is the first thing Ive seen you do digitally man. Its hard to tell that youv switched whcih is a great sign. Only a few more weeks now before your doing it all like this i bet!

Declan Shalvey said...

Really nice man. Nice and chunky. Like yourself.

Stephen Thompson said...

Yep, wouldn't have pegged this as digital unless you said it. Looks great, I particularly like his 'Fame' pose.

Unknown said...

Twas a weird process to be sure. I need to apply more discipline to it, and try and get an approximation om my analogue 'tidiness' instead of the sketchiness of this, although it was a lotta fun. Glad that there's not a whole lot of distance between digi-Nick and paper-Roche. Still dunno if I can do finished robots with it...

Oh, and Dec: Centra have Christmas Pudding Muffins in stock. If I wasn't nice and chunky before...

Stephen Mooney said...

This guy the real Batman? Gimme a freakin' break Ferrero Roche. Grayson would turn this guy into a smear.
Lovely piccie tho, like the lads I would've in no way known this was digital, doesn't have that sometimes overpowering artificial sheen to it that a lot of cintiq pieces seem to inherit. Touch of the Quesadas about the anatomy here and there which is interesting.

Nick said...

It's just hard to draw Azzles without channeling his Creator a little. Man, I need to plough my own furrow...