Monday, November 16, 2009

That Voodoo That Moo Do


Ah, the nineties. A time of glorious world cups and endless eyesore splash-pages. Kinda miss it.
My favourite book during the Image boom was Jim Lee's Wildc.a.ts(gotta have the full-stops), a book where style throttled the life out of substance and then danced a merry jig on its grave. Grifter was my favourite character but I've done him on the blog before. He was followed by the glorious bastion of blandness that was Spartan(he possibly had some superfluous punctuation in his name too but can't remember). A perfect, unfailing, boring machine that had the hottest, sluttiest girlfriend in town.
How I wished I were he.

PS- Oop, can't go without echoing Nickleback and thanking alla the folks who turned up at the Micks sketchbook signing on sat, we had a great time and love you guys way more than is healthy.

7 comments:

Stephen Thompson said...

Remember how Voodoo started off black and then slowly turned into a white chick? That was weird.

Declan Shalvey said...

"A perfect, unfailing, boring machine that had the hottest, sluttiest girlfriend in town... How I wished I were he."

It could be argued you are.

Stephen Mooney said...

I'll mention your thoughts to Jac.

Stephen Mooney said...

I do like that you said that though. In a perfect world, it would be 100% true.

Will Sliney said...

Oooh i love your muscles

jacintha said...

Thanks Dec! :)

Declan Shalvey said...

Hey Jac; you know that's not true....




...you're his *wife*, not his girlfriend.